Leesburg knows what it takes to celebrate life! In every season, we offer special events, festivals and celebrations. Join us . . .
Our Signature Events
The Town of Leesburg's Parks & Recreation Department produces many events throughout the year, but these are our Signature Events:
- Flower & Garden Festival - held annually on the 3rd weekend in April, the Flower & Garden Festival transforms Leesburg's Historic Downtown into a wonderland of gardens.
- 4th of July - our Independence Day celebration begins with the annual parade at 10am and continues with a concert and fireworks at Ida Lee Park in the evening.
- TASTE Leesburg - held in early August, visitors are invited to experience the flavor of Leesburg and enjoy the area's best food, beer, wine, local music and local goods on the streets of downtown Leesburg.
- Leesburg Airshow - held at the Leesburg Executive Airport on the last Saturday in September, the airshow provides plenty of thrills with daring aerobatic performances.
These Town of Leesburg events are free to the public . . . and parking is free, too!
In addition to the Signature Events listed above, Leesburg plays host to a whole range of events throughout the year, including:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Annual March & Celebration - held on the 3rd Monday in January, the march begins at the Loudoun County Courthouse and proceeds along Market Street to the Douglass Community Center.
- Easter Egg Hunt* - held at Ida Lee Park on Saturday one week before Easter, the Easter Egg Hunt is for children up to 7 years old. There is a participation fee.
- Keep Leesburg Beautiful* - this community-wide clean-up and beautification campaign runs the entire month of April each year.
- Memorial Day Ceremony* - Leesburg officials and special guests honor our nation's military heroes with the laying of wreaths at the war memorials on the Loudoun County Courthouse Lawn.
- Classic Car Show - sponsored by the Academies of Loudoun and held in the Historic Downtown, this event benefits the students and staff. It will be held on Saturday, May 11, 2019.
- TASTE Leesburg - held on the streets of Historic Downtown Leesburg, TASTE will showcase restaurants, breweries, wineries, food trucks, artists, merchants, and businesses of Leesburg, providing those in attendance a “taste” of all that the Town has to offer.
- September 11 Observance* - held on the Town Green on the anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States.
- Fine Arts Festival - sponsored by the Friends of Leesburg Public Art, and held in the Historic Downtown, the Fine Arts Festival features local and regional artists of every media.
- Loudoun Museum's Annual Hauntings Tours - the weekend before Halloween, the Loudoun Museum offers 90-minute walking tours of haunted homes and businesses in downtown Leesburg, led by costumed guides.
- Kiwanis Halloween Parade - one of the oldest Halloween Parades in the country, you never know who you'll see marching down King Street! The parade is a fundraiser for Loudoun Interfaith Relief.
- Veterans Day Commemoration at the Marshall House - on Veterans Day, the George C. Marshall International Center, located at the Marshall House in downtown Leesburg, hosts an event honoring veterans of all conflicts and the legacy of General George C. Marshall.
- Freeze Your Gizzard* - on the Saturday before Thanksgiving, Ida Lee Park hosts a 5K cross-country run through Ida Lee and the adjacent Morven Park.
- Christmas Tree & Menorah Lighting* - on the first Friday in December, join Town of Leesburg Mayor and Council as they mark the official beginning of the winter holiday season.
- Christmas & Holiday Parade* - Leesburg's annual Christmas & Holiday Parade is held on the 2nd Saturday in December each year. It begins at Ida Lee Park and proceeds down King Street, through the Historic Downtown.
*official Town of Leesburg event
Fine Arts & Craft Shows
The Leesburg Parks & Recreation Department hosts two annual fine arts & craft shows at the Ida Lee Park Recreation Center:
- Spring Bling - a one-day show held on a Saturday in March
- Holidays in Leesburg - a two-day show held the first full weekend in December
For more information about these fine arts & craft shows, including how to become a vendor, please visit the Fine Arts and Craft Shows page.
Current Events Calendar
Check out Visit Loudoun's Events Calendar for an up-to-date listing of great happenings in Leesburg.