Coronavirus-Related Changes to Town Programs, Activities & Facilities
Last updated: Thursday, June 11, 2020 | 1:00 p.m.
- Town Hall is open normal hours. Public access to the 2nd and 3rd Floors will resume on Monday, June 15.
- In accordance with the Governor's directive, members of the public are expected to wear face masks while in Town Hall.
- If there are no public meetings, Town Hall closes at 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Beginning Saturday, May 30, Town Hall will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays for public restroom access. Town Hall is closed on Sundays.
- Public meetings will resume the normal schedule in June. However, some meetings have been moved in order to meet in a larger room to allow appropriate social distancing. Please check the Town website calendar for current meeting dates, times, and locations.
- Meetings that take place in the Council Chamber are broadcast on the Town’s local government access channels (FiOS Channel 35 and Xfinity Channel 67) and streamed live on the Town website (www.leesburgva.gov/webcasts). Members of the public are encouraged to watch remotely.
- Members of the public can participate remotely via telephone or video conference in Town Council, Planning Commission, BAR, and BZA meetings. Instructions for joining the meetings are on the printed agendas posted in the Town Hall lobby and on the town website:
Trash, Recycling, Yard Waste, and Bulk Item Collection
- Yard waste collection began for the season on Monday, March 30. Yard waste is collected on Mondays town-wide. For size and quantity guidelines, visit our Yard Waste page.
- Bulk item collection resumed on Monday, May 18. Residents must submit requests for collection directly to Patriot Disposal, using our online form.
- Residents are asked to follow these guidelines regarding trash and recycling, to reduce the spread of the coronavirus.
Parks and Recreation
- Ida Lee Park Recreation Center will be open at 30% capacity with modified hours, beginning Friday, June 12:
- Indoor fitness classes will resume.
- The gym will be open for shooting basketball with a maximum of 4 people per hoop. No games.
- Raquetball courts will be open for single play only.
- The indoor pool will be open for lap swimming and exercise only, limit 3 people per lane.
- All summer day camps are canceled.
- A Room to Grow preschool classes are for the remainder of the academic year.
- All park and facility rentals are canceled until further notice.
- The Memorial Day Ceremony, Movies Under the Stars series, and 4th of July Celebration are canceled.
- The Acoustic on the Green concerts for June are canceled. We hope to begin the concert series on July 11, 2020.
- Town parks are open dawn to dusk and all park facilities will be open beginning Friday, June 12, including:
- All playgrounds
- Ballfields at Robinson Park
- Soccer/lacrosse fields at Ida Lee Park
- Basketball courts at Greenway Park, Rotary Park, and Foxridge Park
- Pavilions at Ida Lee Park, Foxridge Park, Tuscarora Park, Potomac Crossing Park, and Edwards Landing Park
- The outdoor tennis courts at Ida Lee are open daily from 8 a.m to 8 p.m. Private tennis lessons will be available, with a two-player limit per class. For court reservations and other questions, call 703-737-6068.
- Community garden plots are open to registered gardeners.
- The dog park at Olde Izaak Walton Park is open daily, dawn to dusk.
- The Eric Brown Skate Plaza is open daily from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Thomas Balch Library
- Thomas Balch Library is closed until further notice.
- Reference services are available by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (703-737-7195) and social media (www.facebook.com/ThomasBalchLibrary).
- All library programs, seminars, tours, and classes are canceled through June 30.
- All meeting room reservations have been canceled until further notice.
- The Police Department is open 24/7, however the lobby of the building is closed to the public. Anyone needing assistance should use the intercom by the front door.
- The drop box for Town payments is not available to the public. There is another drop box at Town Hall, at the corner of West Market and Wirt Streets.
- The Prescription Drug Drop Off program is suspended until further notice.
- Reservations for the Community Room are canceled until further notice.
- Pursuant to the Governor's order, enforcement of vehicle safety inspections expiring in March and April are suspended for 60 days beyond their respective dates of expiration.
- Kidsmart Safety Camp, Junior Police Camp, Virginia Rules Camp, and Camp Independence are canceled for 2020.
- Other changes to Police Department services are detailed in this news release: www.leesburgva.gov/Home/Components/News/News/8643/5730.
Other Town Services
- On April 14, the Town Council extended the payment due dates for certain business taxes by 90 days.
- Loudoun County has extended the deadline for personal property taxes to June 5. Since Leesburg residents now receive consolidated bills from the county for both town and county taxes, this deadline extension applies to town personal property taxes as well.
- Parking at the Town Hall Parking Garage, the Church Street lot, and all on-street meters is free until further notice. The two-hour limit at meters still applies.
- The Town's public surplus auction is suspended.
Other Public Events
- Leesburg's First Friday for July has been canceled.
- America's 9/11 Foundation Motorcycle Ride, scheduled for Friday, August 21, has been canceled.