Resources to Plan for the Phased Reopening:
- Forward Virginia Phase 2 Guidelines. Northern Virginia is expected to enter Phase 2 on Friday, June 12.
- Governor Northam's Forward Virginia Plan: Phase 1 "Safer at Home": While most of Virginia entered Phase 1 of Governor Northam's Forward Virginia plan for easing public health restrictions on Friday, May 15, Northern Virginia will enter Phase 1 on Friday, May 29. This website provides guidance for all types of businesses.
- Virginia Department of Emergency Management: This website's Business Reopening Toolkit provides signage templates and reopening checklists.
- FAQs Regarding Mandatory Face Masks: On May 26, Governor Northam issued Executive Order Sixty-Three, which requires Virginians to wear face masks in public indoor spaces.
- Loudoun County's COVID-19 Business Interruption Fund: Applications for Round 3 will open on June 3, 2020 at noon. This round will provide 400 randomly selected businesses with $5,000 each.
- The Booz Allen Foundation Innovation Fund: The Booz Allen Foundation has established a $1 million Innovation Fund to help nonprofits, entrepreneurs, thought leaders, innovators at colleges and universities, and startups and small businesses harness the power of data, technology, and diverse intellectual capital to improve COVID-19 relief efforts and make a difference. The Foundation is accepting applications from April 30 through June 5, 2020.
- Small Business Administration: Learn more about available options from the Small Business Administration at the SBA website.
Tax Relief for Leesburg Businesses:
- Business License Taxes: The Leesburg Town Council delayed the due date for payment of annual business license taxes to July 30, 2020. Businesses were still required to file by May 1, 2020.
- Business Tangible Personal Property Taxes: Because Loudoun County now bills and collects personal property taxes for the Town of Leesburg, Loudoun County's delayed due date of June 5, 2020 also applies to Town of Leesburg personal property taxes.
- Meals & Beverage Taxes and Transient Occupancy Taxes: The Leesburg Town Council delayed payment of 1st and 2nd quarter meals and transient occupancy taxes. Click here to view a table summarizing the tax relief measures.
Expanded Opportunities for Outdoor Dining:
Under the Governor's Forward Virginia plan, in Phase 1, restaurants may have outdoor dining areas. The Leesburg Town Council temporarily relaxed parking requirements to allow restaurants to use private parking lots for outdoor dining areas. Restaurants must apply for a Temporary Use Permit for these temporary outdoor dining areas. For more information, visit the Outdoor Dining Temporary Use Permits page of the town website.
Free Personalized Business Guidance:
The Loudoun Small Business Development Center: The SBDC is offering virtual one to one coaching sessions at no cost to help businesses navigate the SBA loan process and any other challenge they would like to discuss during this time.
- Virtual Leesburg: Virtual Leesburg offers an opportunity to list your Leesburg business and promote your products or services at no cost.
- Take Loudoun Home: Take Loudoun Home is a shop local campaign to connect businesses with local consumers and visitors. Register your business at this site.
Industry Tool Kits:
- Virginia Tourism Corporation Tool Kit: Virginia Tourism is working closely with the U.S. Travel Association, the Office of the Governor, the Virginia Department of Health, and other state agencies to provide the most up-to-date information to industry partners, and to take proactive measures to protect the health and safety of our citizens and visitors.
- Loudoun Chamber of Commerce Resource Guide: Find a wide array of valuable resources to help you access the support, financial assistance and information your business needs.
- US Chamber of Commerce Guide and Checklist: Coronavirus Emergency Loan Small Business Guide and Checklist.
Contact Leesburg Economic Development staff to discuss any of your business needs.